Stick to the violation that has already occurred. The court will not consider an issue before performance is required under the order. In order to enforce an order, you generally need to file a motion with the court. Once you file your motion, you need to ask the court to set a hearing. You need to serve the motion and the hearing notice on the other party. However, in Salt Lake County, if the issue relates to parent time, you will need to have a parent time mediation before the court will hold a hearing. Click on the link “Mediation Tips” below for more information.