How To Have A Simple Divorce Modification

Question About Divorce Modification

I have a question about simple Divorce Modification. Can a simple agreement modify a divorce decree/parenting plan if both parents agree in writing?  Can a simple email exchange modify a divorce decree/parenting plan or do I need a paper written up with signatures from both parties to modify?


Parties can modify an agreement orally, by their actions or by a written exchange. If you want to enforce an agreement created in one of these ways, you should have good success. However, all of these kinds of agreements leave much open to interpretation. If there are specific items you want to enforce, you should set those out in a written agreement so that there is no ambiguity. If you want a guide for a proposed custody order click on my blog “Custody Order” below.