Property Division Attorneys

Get Help With The Division of Property During Your Divorce

How to split up the property during the divorce:

Property division during a divorce can be complex. When dealing with retirement accounts, family businesses and other marital or individual property, it can be easy to overlook or over/undervalue one of the spouse’s shares of the property. If any of your property requires valuation or is held by only one of the spouses, it is in your best interests to retain the services of a knowledgeable lawyer.

We represent clients for property division. With more than 35 years of combined experience in divorce cases, our attorneys have handled very complex asset valuation and division cases. Our goal is to help you make decisions about how to prepare and present your case in order to achieve the most equitable division of our marital property. The attorneys at our firm have extensive experience with discovery, depositions and investigative work that will be useful in identifying assets. We will work diligently and painstakingly to obtain the most accurate value of your marital property.

In Utah, each spouse is entitled to half of the retirement funds earned during the marriage, regardless of who is the primary owner of the account. Retirement accounts are often one of the most coveted assets by the spouse who earned the retirement. Often a court will resolve a conflict about retirement by offsetting the value of the nonowner spouse with other assets held by the parties. Before giving up rights to retirement accounts, it is important for a party to speak to an attorney who can advise you as to value ownership and the form of the order to preserve your interest in retirement accounts. Orders dividing retirement accounts must comply with federal ERISA laws. It is important to consult an attorney when such an order is needed.

Contact Us

If you have any questions about your case call us now at 801-303-5800 or email us at so you can find out about your case. Feel free to set up an appointment so we can help you receive the settlement you deserve.  For our records, when you call in please mention the code 15-AC so we can schedule a free 30-minute consultation for you.