What To Do When Faced With Mediation

Question Asking For Mediation Tips

I have a question about mediation tips.  Could you stop your ex wife for suing or taking you to Mediation? After the decree and mediation it was agree the debts were split in half.


No, only the court can stop a suit. If your ex wife sues you, you have limited options. You should seek legal advice from an attorney to decide which option is best. First you may have a basis for a Motion to Dismiss or for a Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings. Second, if you cannot get the court to dismiss, you must answer the suit. If you do not, the judge can and likely will rule in her favor. If the decree requires you to mediate any dispute before going to court, you can ask the court for an order compelling mediation. Also, if you have a claim that she has not paid her share of the debts, you must bring that to the court in an enforcement motion. However, you only need to do this if the creditor is coming against you or if her noncompliance is affecting your credit. Click on my blog “Mediation Tips” below for further information.


Steve Christensen

Steve has over twenty-five years of experience as a trial and appellate attorney, thus making him one of the most experienced attorneys in his field in the state. As an attorney, Steve quickly identifies legal issues and focuses his presentation on the strengths of his client’s cases, therefore resulting in his great success as an attorney.

He has handled over 80 trials and other evidentiary hearings before judges. He has settled hundreds of cases before, during, and after a trial. Steve takes pride in relating to his clients while conveying their cases convincingly to juries and judges.

Learn More About Steve

What To Do When Faced With Mediation